IF STEM: Minecraft Education Intro to STEAM
Have you ever wanted to create your own personal skin or explore the wonders of Redstone? Do you find yourself building impressive architectural structures that you’d like to share with others? Join us as we embark upon an adventure through science, technology, engineering, art, and math (STEAM) in the mystical world of Minecraft.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- How to scale and create Minecraft textures
- Solve basic engineering and mathematical problems using Minecraft blocks
- Simulate real-life scenarios using Minecraft blocks
- Apply STEAM concepts into the physical world
WHAT YOU’LL CREATE
- A scaled papercraft Minecraft skin
- Scaled drawings of a room of your choice and building it in Minecraft according to your drawing
- Town management plan and implementation of your plan
- Roller coasters, lemon batteries, electrical Redstone buildings, and more!!
ASSOCIATED 21st-CENTURY SKILLS
- Creativity, Critical Thinking, Communication
- Analytical & Systems Thinking
- Resilience, Perseverance, Self-Discipline
- Design Thinking
- Spatial Reasoning
- Architecture & Construction
- Engineering – Mechanical, Structural, Chemical, etc.
- Graphics & Software Engineer
- Project & Program Manager
- And many more…
- Minecraft Education Edition (learn more here), requires an Office 365 Education account.
- Works on
- PC: Windows 7 or higher
- Mac: Mac OS X 10.7 or higher
- NOT Chromebook compatible